If your VEMA ambulance is in an accident or incident:

Call Police/911
Call police if there is any personal injury or if the other driver is impaired, has a suspended licence or is uninsured.

  • Collect information
    Collect the following:

    • information about the other vehicle and driver
    • witnesses
    • damage details
    • accident specifics (who, what, when and where)
    • photos (if possible)
  • Call MPI
    Report the accident and initialize the claim. Inside Winnipeg, call 204-985-7000. Outside Winnipeg, call 1-800-665-2410. Be sure to record your claim number.

    • If your vehicle cannot be driven, arrange for a tow. Depending upon the circumstances of the accident, the cost for towing is either paid by insurance or your organization. It cannot be charged to your Manitoba Government MasterCard.
  • Call your vehicle coordinator
    Report the accident. If your VEMA vehicle has been vandalized, involved in a hit-and-run, or has been stolen, call the police, MPI and your vehicle coordinator to report the incident. For accidents outside of Manitoba, call your vehicle coordinator and MPI for instructions.

You may use this form if your internal department procedures requires an accident report.

Contact VEMA at 1-800-363-6693 should you have any questions or concerns.