Reporting an Accident or Vehicle Incident

If you are in an accident while driving a VEMA vehicle, please follow the procedure outlined below:

Call Police/911

  • If there is any personal injury or if the other driver is impaired, has a suspended license or is uninsured

Collect information

  • information about the other vehicle and driver
  • accident specifics (who, what, when, where)
  • damage details
  • photos (if possible)
  • witnesses

Call MPI

  • Report the accident and initiate the claim. Be sure to record your claim number.
  • Inside Winnipeg, call 204-985-7000
  • Outside Winnipeg, call 1-800-665-2410
  • If your vehicle cannot be driven, arrange for a tow. Depending upon the circumstances of the accident, the cost for towing is either paid for by insurance or your organization. It cannot be charged to your VEMA Mastercard.

Contact your vehicle coordinator to report the accident.

  • If your VEMA vehicle has been vandalized, involved in a hit-and-run or stolen, call the police, MPI and your vehicle coordinator to report the incident.
  • Do not attempt to fix any damage yourself.

You may use this form if your internal department procedures requires an accident report.

Contact VEMA at 1-800-363-6693 should you have any questions or concerns.